Monday 21 April 2014

Words

I used to write.
Poems. Journal entries. Feelings scribbled on the corner of a scrap piece of paper.
If I felt it, I wrote it down.
I can't remember the last time I did that. Even this blog is much neglected. I am older now, so I obviously don't carry that teen angst that demanded an outlet. But now I feel like I'm losing words. My life revolves around dishes and laundry and breaking up my kids fights.
Words which I could, at one time, fling about effortlessly are now a struggle to find.
Where I used to find joy and comfort with a pen and a blank piece of paper, I now find a struggle to pen more than a shopping list.
It's worse using a computer. It seems like the cursor is mocking me every time it blinks.
I am going to challenge myself.
For one week I will write here daily.
Even if I have nothing I will find words, I will type them out, I will click on publish.
I won't be afraid of the wrong words, of not enough words, or if other people will judge my words.
I will write.

No comments:

Post a Comment