Tuesday 11 February 2014

I thought I left school yard cliques long behind

Do you know what happens to the "mean girls" from high school? They grow up, have kids, and become the "mean moms" in the school yard. If you don't drive the right SUV, or wear the right brand of yoga pants (yes, I'm generalizing), they give you the side eye as you walk past. I figured once I grew up that the cliques would be done with and that parents could just be pleasant with each other. Boy was I wrong.
I haven't felt this inferior since I was in school myself. Grade school moms can be right bitches.

Whatever. I'll continue to hold my head up and smile at people in the school yard no matter how small I feel. I don't want to see myself on their level.
If you can't beat them, join them? No thanks. I'll pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment